Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up - first edition

A lot of the blogs I read do a weekend wrap up, so I decided I'd jump on the bandwagon and try to start doing one as well.

Friday I picked up MP from daycare and went home to relax for a bit. My friend Tiffany was supposed to come over and we were going to do a girls' night in, with wine, pizza, and movies. Tiff had a conflict at the last minute and couldn't make it, so Sassypants called and told me to get my ass over to her house because her kid was driving her crazy, and my kid was driving me crazy, and if they were together they could play upstairs and drive each other crazy. It worked, pretty much. There was only one time when I had to go upstairs to Kid Town (the room Sassypants and I put all her son's toys in, we jokingly named it Kid Town and it kind of stuck) and have a talk with them about behaving. Sassy's kid listens to me (she says he's afraid of me) so she'll send me up there to put the fear of God in them when they're getting out of line. A couple of our friends were over there too, and before long we had segregated the women on the front porch gossiping, the boys in the living room playing Wii, and the kiddos upstairs. It was a good time. I might mention there was lots 'o wine flowing. You probably already knew that.

Saturday MP woke me up around 7 (WTF is up with children waking up early on weekends??). My cousin wanted to get her for the day/evening, and called early to come pick her up. I met her around 8:30 then headed back home to catch up on some DVR'd shows I had recorded earlier in the week. I met my newly engaged friend downtown to go to the Bridal Expo with her, and we stayed there a couple of hours. You know that was like torture for me, but I love her so I went. When we left, she wanted to go to the huge Forever 21 store they just opened in downtown Houston, so we headed over there... I swore I wasn't going to spend any money, and I didn't. But it was like bringing a drug addict to a pharmacy, it was HARD. I had several things in my hand, but at the last minute put them down and walked out of the store. It took some major willpower, but I was proud of myself!

After we left there, we met her fiancee for dinner at a seafood restaurant. It was super yummy. We headed back to her house to get ready to out for the night. As we were getting ready we were drinking Red Bull and vodkas, and that definitely woke me up. We got a cab and went to a club called Wild West (they play country and rap, like most dance places here in Texas). We had a great time, ran into some people we knew and ended up all going back to my friends' apartment and hanging out for a while. I managed to smuggle a beer out of the club in my pants (last call is at 2 AM, and I had just bought a new beer... I didn't want to throw an almost full, cold beer out, so instead I put it in my waistband of my pants and hid it under my shirt.) I'm nothing if not classy.

We drank for a bit at their apartment, then I hit my limit and wanted to sleep. We all slept in till 11 the next morning, then made plans to go to brunch. My friend was pretty hungover and struggling bad. She actually got up from the table at brunch and went outside to throw up. We really are girls you wanna bring home to mom, right?

After brunch I went home and took a nap, waiting on MP to get home. She was dropped off around 5 or so, then I heated up some pizza and we laid on the couch watching "Raising Helen" until her bedtime. It was nice to cuddle with her for a while.

So, no run ins with the law, no broken bones, and no heartbreak. I actually met a cute guy, but we'll see if he calls. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it was nice to go out and have fun and not have exBF on my mind all night long. I guess it is slowly getting better...

So, what did you guys do? Anything fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend.. Sneaking out beer = classy indeed.