Thursday, March 26, 2009

A new addition to my family. No, I'm not pregnant!

MP's birthday is tomorrow, and I still have no idea what to get her. The kid has three of everything. So she might be spoiled, what about it??

BF brought over his gift to her last night... a new puppy!! I was quite skeptical of this, and have been going over the pros and cons for weeks now, but BF convinced me that every kid needs a pet, and I finally caved.

He called me yesterday to tell me he picked the puppy up (a beagle/poodle mix), and also bought everything she'd need (food, treats, bowls, a crate, etc.). He even bought her a pink and white polka dot collar!! The boy knows me well. He didn't want to wait until Friday to give it to her, so he decided to do it last night. He called as he was pulling in the neighborhood and asked me to have her sit on the living room floor and blindfold her so he could surprise her. I did as I was told, and when he got there he had a disposable camera wound and ready to go, with the flash on, so I could take pictures. (I know this sounds hella 1995, but my digital camera crapped out on me, so we made do with what we could.) What a thoughtful boyfriend. :)

So, MP is sitting there and he lets the puppy go, and she runs right up to MP and starts licking her on the face. MP starts freaking out, laughing, and immediately starts rolling on the floor with the puppy. She was so excited, and I got a lot of great pictures (I hope).

BF and I sit MP down to explain her new responsibilities. She was pretty distracted with the puppy, but I think she got the gist of everything. I told her we needed a name for the pup, and she immediately says "Bella". So Bella it is. I'm glad she didn't rattle off Hannah Montana or Sharpay (from High School Musical, if you're lucky enough to not know who that is).

The night went pretty well, except for my lack of sleep. I had to let her out at 2AM wearing nothing but a ZZ Top t-shirt and a thong, but really, what neighbors are up at 2AM on Thursday morning? Guess I'm going to have to start sleeping in clothes. But that's beside the point. I went back to bed and let her sleep with us, since I have to crate her during the day and don't want to keep her in there at night too. Probably not the best idea, since she kept me up until 4:30 with her doggy dreams, but oh well. We're all adjusting, so I figure it will get better with time.

Then, this morning as we were about to leave, I hear MP from her room... "Bella, that's not very ladylike!" Turns out she pooped right in the middle of her floor. And so life with a puppy begins...

I'll post the pictures as soon as I go down to the store and get them developed. I'm so old-skool!

4 comments:

calicobebop said...

OMG - a ZZ Top tee and a thong! If any of your neighbors did happen to be awake they sure got an eyefull! :)

The new puppy sounds delightful - I can't wait to see pictures!

Samsmama said...

You have way more patience than I do. No animals in this house! Power to ya!

And your sleep attire...awesome!

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

baaahaha, i'm dying over the ZZ Top/thong thing.

puppies! I LOVE PUPPIES! but yeah, they're a pain in the ass for about the first... well, YEAR. heh.

happy birthday to Miss Priss!

Amber D. said...

Does it make it even trashier when I tell yall that the back of the ZZ Top shirt says "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers"??