Ok, I know I haven't posted in a while but I've been up to my ears in training at work, so I'm going to be lazy and post something that I had saved in my drafts... just for times like these. :)
This is a "bucket list". The idea is to highlight or change the color of the items you've completed. I highlighted in pink the things I've completed. What all have YOU done?
1. Started your own blog. - Duh. Obviously.
2. Slept under the stars. - I've been camping in a tent, so I guess that counts.
3. Played in a band. - Does playing the flute in Jr. High band count?
4. Visited Hawaii. - Not yet.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. - Unfortunately I live paycheck to paycheck! I'll volunteer my time, though.
7. Been to Disneyland. - Not yet.
8. Climbed a mountain. - I'm so not the athletic type.
9. Held a praying mantis. - Sure.
10. Sang a solo. - Hell to the NAW. I suck at singing.
12. Visited Paris. - No, but I WILL!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. - I went to NYC when I was a kid, but the stairs were closed. I woulda though.
18. Grown your own vegetables. - When I was a kid my parents had a garden, does that count?
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. - Never been to Europe.
20. Slept in an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitchhiked. - Uh no.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - Guilty. Everyone does it. Right?
24. Built a snow fort. - Um well I've seen snow once in my lifetime, and it melted when it hit the ground. So no.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. - Ah, drunken nights.
27. Run a marathon. - Again, so not the athlete.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. - Quit rubbing it in that I haven't been to Europe!
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. - On the beach is the best.
31. Hit a home run. - Psh.
32. Been on a cruise. - I really don't have the desire to, I'd rather just fly somewhere exotic and stay there.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community - quite interesting.
36. Taught yourself a new language. - my brother and I had our own language as kids.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. - I'm getting there, but I don't think money is what makes you satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. - here's an athletic endeavor I've actually done!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. - Uh NO, list writer, I haven't been to Europe!
41. Sung karaoke. - Ohhh yeah, me and TM rocked out some ZZ Top and Janis Joplin.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. - I've bought a homeless guy a Happy Meal, does that count?
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. - MP has, I rode with her.
47. Had your portrait painted. - Caricature?
48. Gone deep sea fishing. - I've been on the boat but didn't catch anything.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. - GRR.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. - Double GRR.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. - Snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. - Before I was a prissy girly-girl.
55. Been in a movie. - I've been on America's Funniest Home Videos, that's as close to a movie as I'll get.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. - after Katrina, when a bunch of evacuees were in my hometown.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. - Sad, right? :)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (where are 64 and 65??)
67. Bounced a check. - Helloooo, bad idea to give a 16 year old a checking account.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. - Still got my teddy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. - 8th grade trip.
71. Eaten caviar. - just to say I had... GROSS!
72. Pieced a quilt. - I've helped work on one.
73. Stood in Times Square. - When I was a kid.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. - My left arm in 7th grade and the weak ankle in 2004.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. - I've flown over it?
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. - Several times.
85. Read the entire Bible. - Only some.
86. Visited the White House. - Pretty cool digs.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. - Fish.
88. Had chicken pox. - 1st grade, on my friggin birthday.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. - Lots of bands, I'm a total groupie. Without the sex part.
92. Joined a book club. - As a teen. I liked to read, I wasn't a nerd. Ok I was.
93. Lost a loved one. - Unfortunately
94. Had a baby - my sweet Miss Priss!
95. Seen the Alamo in person. - Lived in San Antonio for a while.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit. - I worked for a lawyer, so I suppose I've been involved in several... just none involving me.
98. Owned a cell phone. - I mean, come on.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day. - That's usually the way it goes!
Hmm... guess I'm not TOO boring!!