Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Anticipation of upcoming events...

Three things I am super duper excited about:

1. Our trip to the Guadalupe River over Memorial Day weekend. We have a group of about 16 people going, and Sassypants and her hubs are included in that crazy group. There will be four days of no kids, lots of beer, sun, tubing the river, gossiping with the gals, relaxing, and BBQing. We're also hitting up a Cory Morrow concert at the local icehouse Sunday night. I. Can't. Wait.

Here's a pic of the river from the back porch of the house we rented, just to give you a small taste of the paradise we'll be experiencing:



2. I snagged some tickets for me and my brother to see Aerosmith with ZZ Top on Friday, July 17th. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I LOVE ZZ TOP. I've seen Aerosmith before and they put on a hell of a show, but I don't miss a ZZ Top concert that is within a hundred mile radius of where I live. This will be my 9th time seeing them, and it never gets old. My brother has a fake beard I made for him that he wears every time we go see them, and he looks just like Billy F. Gibbons. Here's a pic from a concert a few years ago:

He's the one to the far left, standing next to BF. I'm on the far right.


3. Saturday, July 18th, the night after Aerosmith/ZZ Top, we have a girls' night to go see THESE GUYS:



Sassypants and I got our tickets the minute they went on sale. We had such a blast at the first concert in October 2008, we decided we had to go again. This time we're getting vintage NKOTB shirts off of eBay and going straight 80's style. Again, I CAN'T WAIT!!! We were transformed into screaming teenagers as soon as they came on stage, and sang every song and danced all their old choreography right along with them. It makes me excited just thinking about it.

Here we are at the last concert:


So, now, we wait...

In my favorite words by Pink Floyd: Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

3 comments:

Samsmama said...

Since at first I didn't notice the other fake beard (blended with the shirt), I was laughing so hard that you clued us in as to which one your brother was. Ahem.

I will require pictures from the NKOTB concert.

Your trip sounds great. Wish I was getting away soon.

Lots of stuff to blog about...

Candice said...

Sounds like a blast.

I'm seeing Aerosmith and ZZ Top in July here in the big D.

But next up on the concert schedule is No Doubt.

Amber D. said...

AHHH Candice I wanted to go see No Doubt so bad, but nobody would go with me!!

My brother said there was no doubt he did not want to see No Doubt. Bastard.