Monday, January 5, 2009

Meme for 2008

Don't worry, I'll get to my blog about New Year's Eve... kinda waiting on some pictures so you can see the debauchery yourself. So until then... a little survey I stole from BF that she stole from Matter of Fact Mommy.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Got in trouble at work. Seriously, I'm not a bad person, I've never gotten reprimanded, ever.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do resolutions anymore, I just end up disappointing myself by January 4th.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Hmm. Don't think so.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not anyone close to me, thank God.

5. What countries did you visit? Louisiana's like another country, no?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More financial stability.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 26 - the day me and BF quit being "buddies" and started calling it a relationship.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Not breaking up with a guy over something stupid within the first week. Just call me Chandler.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing weight like I wanted to.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I'm the UTI queen. I also had the flu and strep throat within a month of each other. Fun, fun.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My comfy huge ass couch. I could live on it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? MP... she's quickly learning to read and is doing great in school.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My mom's. Long story.

14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and drinking establishments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Finally having an actual BF to kiss at midnight on New Year's, instead of my girlfriends. Not that they're not hot...

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Whatever You Like by T.I. - I love love love it. Makes me wanna shake my boo-tay.

17. Compared to this time last year, you are: Much more content with my life.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Saving money and exercising.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Wasting money on Jaeger Bombs. They seemed neccessary at the time though...

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Oh. Guess I was supposed to do this last year... uh, see my previous blog to find out what I did.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I don't know if I'm there yet. IN love is different than love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Lipstick Jungle, Dirty Sexy Money... the last two are being cancelled and I'm not a happy camper.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read? An autobiography on the Eagles.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Re-discovering some great Floyd and Zeppelin songs I had forgotten about.

26. What did you want and get? BF. I'd been chasing him for a year. :)

27. What did you want and not get? Respect at work.

28. What was your favorite film that you saw this year? Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Sex and the City.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28, and went to dinner the night before with TM and a friend, then went to my brother's college town on my actual birthday for a day of drinking with rugby boys. It was fun.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If my boss wasn't a complete hen-pecked jackass.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Casual, dressed up with jewelry when I need it.

32. What kept you sane? My awesome best friend and BF. And Miller Lite.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jordan Knight. I swear, I fell back in love with him after the NKOTB concert.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that people were concentrating on race and sex instead of the actual issues.

35. Who did you miss? My friends I don't see much anymore.

36. Who was the best new person you met? BF's family. I absolutely adore them. I know how lucky I am.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Sometimes you really don't know what you've been missing until you get it.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...." Time by Pink Floyd.

No comments: